We are a really new organisation but we understand how important good governance is, that is why we have already taken the following steps to build a well-governed charity:
- Our audited accounts have been prepared in line with the Statement of Recommended Practice for Financial Reporting by Charities (SORP), something only large charities are required to do!
- See our 2020 financial statements
- See our 2019 financial statements
- See our 2018 financial statements
- See our 2017 financial statements
- See our 2016 financial statements
- See our 2015 financial statements
- In September 2017, we received our registration on the Charities Regulatory Authority’s Official Register of Charities. Our Registered Charity Number (RCN) is 20103460.
- Our CHY Number is 21038
- We are on the adoption journey of the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations, a Code of Practice for Good Governance of Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations in Ireland. www.governancecode.ie
- On 9th September 2016, the Board of the Lorna Byrne Children’s Foundation took the decision to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. The Charity Regulator has since launched a new set of guidelines for all charities and we are working to comply with all of these at present
We look forward to updating you more on all of the steps we are taking to ensure good governance is in place at the Lorna Byrne Children’s Foundation.
How the foundation operates:
The Lorna Byrne Children’s Foundation receives financial support from a number of private patrons and corporate sponsors who have committed to funding part of the operational costs of running the organisation. We are very grateful to our financial patrons as it means that we do not have to use as much of the money raised for our core costs. If you would like to become a financial patron please contact Suzi on firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are. Our Board
• Neasa Greene, Non Executive Director (Appointed 12th March 2018)
• Sinead Larkin, Non Executive Director (Appointed 27th August 2017)
• Edwina Somers, Non Executive Director (Appointed 24th August 2014)
• Niall Byrne, Non Executive Director (Appointed 24th August 2014)
• Arlene O’Malley, Non Executive Director (Appointed 24th August 2014)
• Lorna Byrne, Non Executive Director (Appointed 24th August 2014)
Suzi Button, Chief Executive
We are pleased to share the news that we are wo...
2021 was a very busy year for The Lorna Byrne C...
Lorna Byrne Children’s Foundation meets with Lord Major of Belfast to officially launch new specialist service for children at risk of suicide with PIPS Suicide Prevention Ireland.Pictured at the official launch are Belfast Lor...
We are honoured to partner with award winning, ...
In 2017, the area of South Sudan was ranked the...