We are a really new organisation but we understand how important good governance is, that is why we have already taken the following steps to build a well-governed charity:
We look forward to updating you more on all of the steps we are taking to ensure good governance is in place at the Lorna Byrne Children’s Foundation.
- Our audited accounts have been prepared in line with the Statement of Recommended Practice for Financial Reporting by Charities (SORP), something only large charities are required to do!
- See our 2015 financial statements
- See our 2016 financial statements
- In September 2017, we received our registration on the Charities Regulatory Authority’s Official Register of Charities. Our Registered Charity Number (RCN) is 20103460.
- We have started the adoption journey of the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations, a Code of Practice for Good Governance of Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations in Ireland. www.governancecode.ie
- On 9th September 2016, the Board of the Lorna Byrne Children’s Foundation took the decision to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and over the coming months we will be preparing the necessary steps to comply fully.
- We have applied to Revenue for the allocation of a CHY number
How the foundation operates:
The Lorna Byrne Children’s Foundation receives financial support from a number of private patrons and corporate sponsors who have committed to funding the operational costs of running the organisation. By operating in this way the foundation can keep costs lower and make sure as much of the funds raised go directly to the charities and projects the foundation supports. All proceeds are then split equally at the end of each year between the chosen charities. See our projects for more details on who we support.
Who we are. Our Board
• Neasa Greene, Non Executive Director (Appointed 12th March 2018)
• Sinead Larkin, Non Executive Director (Appointed 27th August 2017)
• Edwina Somers, Non Executive Director (Appointed 24th August 2014)
• Niall Byrne, Non Executive Director (Appointed 24th August 2014)
• Arlene O’Malley, Non Executive Director (Appointed 24th August 2014)
• Lorna Byrne, Non Executive Director (Appointed 24th August 2014)
Suzi Button, Chief Executive
The premiere of the film The Future belongs to ...
A huge thank you to everyone who came to our ve...
The foundation is delighted to announce today, ...
Lorna and Cathy were also joined by team member...
The event which was organised in conjunction wi...